Never Surrender Party

Today is the day that we demand your total SURRENDER!


Wait, no.  Today is the day we celebrate SURRENDER by the talented Elana Johnson.  A few days ago I got a lovely invite to Elana's launch party at the King's English.  Sadly, I'll be in New York, but that doesn't mean I can't celebrate.  And even if you can't be there for her launch you can have your own amazing SURRENDER celebration with these fun decoration and food ideas!




FOOD and DRINK


Jagged Ham

You can get the recipe from Elana's blog, or you can buy the Book Blogger's Cookbook for more literary recipes.









Make any drink spectacular with Possession style ice cubes.  I love the roses, but I bet you could find flowers that look like butterflies.


GAMES








Ice cube shuffle.  Click on the picture to get the full rules, but basically two teams push ice cubes with their noses.  Looks like lots of fun and perfect for a summer Surrender party!


DECOR





A simple but magical decoration idea that involves glow sticks and glitter will bring SURRENDER-style to your event.

FAVORS



Can you believe there is no shampoo in existence called Brain Wash?  How are shampoo companies missing the boat on that one?  How about slapping a label like this on some travel-size shampoo bottles for awesome favors?



3 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

So excited for Elana! And hope you're having fun at BEA.

Vivien said...

I love the rose cubes!!! Gorgeous :)

Elana Johnson said...

These are awesome ideas! I should've thought of them for my party! Thanks, Genn! Hope you have fun in NYC!