Interview: Julia Karr on Writing Truth


Tell us a little about Truth. No spoilers, of course!

In Truth, Nina is really pushed to come into her own. Through a series of unforeseen events, her life becomes much more complicated. And, as she learns more of the truth about the government & the media, she also is forced to dig deep and discover her own truths. What she will and won't do to make things right.


What did you learn from writing the first book that came in handy with this one? 

Probably one of the most important things I learned was that editing - and not being afraid to edit (sometimes meaning deleting) major chunks of a story - can make your book just that much better!


Did you know what was going to happen in Truth when you were writing XVI? In other words, did you plan out the sequel(s) ahead of time? 

I did not. As a matter of fact, I had several false starts on Truth while I was going through edits on XVI. Then, when I got my editorial letter on Truth - I ended up changing a lot - A HUGE LOT!


Big question. Was the second book harder to write than the first one? Why or why not?

Oh yes - it was a whole lot harder. Mainly for the reason above - doing edits on XVI and then coming back to Truth to write and rewrite.


Are you planning a third book? If so, details please! 

Honestly? When I was done with Truth I thought I was done. I thought I had nothing else to say about Nina and her friends. But... you know, a couple of months ago she came knocking on my imagination and I don't think she's going to go away until I finish her tale.

9 comments:

Christina Farley said...

Great interview! I love how you were so soaked up in your world that you were still living it after it was all done. I know your readers will be doing the same thing. Congrats!

aliyaa said...

Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. I appreciate your effort and thanks for sharing. drafting writing process

anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonymous said...

Great post! You have the great idea for higher education. If a student get higher education then can easily start our business. I appreciate for government who are helping education departments. useful site

Alex junior said...

this writing is so informative. this is really helpful.
do i need an editor .

Unknown said...

If you haven't tried victimization a complicated ESL synchronic linguistics Writing software package you ought to strive it as presently as you'll be able to. folks that use computers reception or within the workplace quickly verify that writing consumes a lot of of their activity. Learn additional regarding new concepts that may simply alter you to boost your daily writing assignments. professional esl editing service

Unknown said...

Interesting post.

Unknown said...

Students continuously alter books and writing lots of papers that generally tired them. I actually have best tip faculty kids for college students and alternative skilled to go to the website of professional writers.To know about document formatting services visit website

Anonymous said...

Your article helps me a lot to prepare the panel interview and it is a very nice topic. I can understand that you prepare lots of the things and try to make this article so beautiful but we are providing professional essay proofreading service. I really enjoy this topic so much and it is really important to me.