It's the Future - What's Your Plan?

In any futuristic story, even if it's "near-future" - usually something besides the government, or the powers-that-be driving the antagonistic part of the story - is different. Maybe just a tweak different or maybe majorly so. It could be that space travel is commonplace, mood-altering drugs are the norm, food is boring, pre-packaged glop and medical diagnoses are contained in a tiny scanner. 

Contemplating the future is something I love, and I know I'm not alone in that joy. And, mostly I contemplate useful gadgets or methods (it's the gov't that scares me! lol!) So, today I'm opening the comments for your sharing of things you'd like to see in the future. The good stuff - the things that will be invented or the methods that will come into common usage that will make life so much better for the world.

Some questions to fire your imagination. 

1. How will we get from Point A to Point B? (i.e. what's travel going to look like?)
2. What's in your laundry room?
3. TV - will it still exist?
4. What's a cell phone?
5. How will we shop?
6. Sports. What kind?
7. Books. Will we still read?
8. Water. Plentiful? Potable? 
9. Fuel. Liquid? Gas? Solar?
10. Schooling. How will we educate?

What do you think? How are these things going to be different? I can't wait to see what y'all come up with! :)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are such great questions!!! Some I'd never thought about, especially the school one, but that would be very important for when I do have children.

I look forward to seeing what they come up with as well!

Happy Tuesday!

Jemi Fraser said...

Good questions for sure. It's so fun to imagine.

As a teacher I wonder most about the educational system. I hope we can individualize the programming for each kid and use technology to help them really learn how to investigate and think and research :)

Unknown said...

I do like to consider entertainment like TV and books, but lately I've been thinking a lot about language and how it changes, too....

Julia said...

I think the educational side of things will be interesting - seeing how "school" evolves.

And, yes Beth - language - where will it go? Will the whole earth end up speaking the same language? Will we finally learn to "talk" with animals? It will be fascinating!